Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, or simply Chengdu Panda Base, is a non-profit research and breeding facility for giant pandas and other rare animals. It is located in Chengdu, Sichuan, China.
Chengdu Panda Base was founded in 1987. It started with 6 giant pandas that were rescued from the wild. By 2008, it had 124 panda births, and the captive panda population has grown to 83.
Its stated goal is to "be a world-class research facility, conservation education center, and international educational tourism destination."
Chengdu Giant Panda Base & Chengdu Local Living Experience (One-day tour; min. 2 persons)
- Visit the extremely adorable giant pandas in Chengdu Giant Panda Base and discover how the base protects them
- Dive deep into the local, everyday life of Chengdu citizens, and experience for yourself what a day in their life is like
- Take a break and enjoy tea in a historical teahouse as you hear the stories about the city
- Enjoy the company of a professional guide who treats you like a friend and will help make your Chengdu trip memorable
- Chinese speaking tour guide
Includes: Tour guide, transportation (except between hotel and meeting point), a cup of covered bowl tea in People's Park, admission ticket to Chengdu Giant Panda Base & insurance
Excludes: Meals, transportation between hotel and meeting point and tips
- Please be at the meeting point at least 15-minute prior to departure
- Meeting point at No.3 Gate of Chengdu IFS
Dorsett Grand Chengdu
Hotel is a luxurious 4-star hotel conveniently located near the centre of Chengdu. Local tourist attractions such as Chengdu City Sports Center, Sichuan Museum of Science and Technology and Tianfu Square are not far from the hotel. Also easily within reach are Renmin Park (Chengdu), Yong Ling and Du Fu Caotang.
- About 1-min walk to the subway station (lines 1 and 4)
- About 30-min drive from the airport
Located at Chengdu’s celebrated International Finance Square (IFS) within the Chun Xi Road business district, Niccolo occupies the city’s highly desirable and fashionable address. With Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport just 25-min away by car and the impressive metro subway network with an entrance conveniently located in IFS, guest can travel effortlessly to the city beyond.
Please refer to the package flyer for more information, terms & conditions.
- Round trip economy class air ticket on HX
- 2 nights hotel accommodation
- Chengdu Giant Panda Base & Chengdu Local Living Experience (one day tour)
- HK$100,000 Travel Insurance [Zurich Insurance (Hong Kong) 24-hour emergency hotline+852-2886-3977]
- 0.15% TIC Levy
Price not included
- Airport tax, HK security charge & fuel surcharge(if any)